HAWKERS NEVER QUIT
Soloshye Pictures | 2018
Documentary | 119 minutes
For best results, use Safari or Chrome.
Private Viewing Room
FINAL-CUT 2018 – NOTES
• This is pre Sound-Mix with no compression or EQ, and only basic leveling
• Narration is TEMP (to be re-recorded)
• Music may change
• Score Music to be written
• Colour Correction/Grading to be done
• Credits incomplete
Click poster to enlarge
• February, 2008. Chris travels to India and first meets Shilpa on March 7.
• January, 2009. Chris returns to India, reconnects with Shilpa and continues filming.
• April, 2010. Chris returns to India for a third round of filming. He loses contact with Shilpa shortly after returning to Canada.
• March 3, 2014. After several early rough-cuts and private screenings, he finishes the first Trailer.
• September, 2014. A polished Rough-Cut is completed with a running length of 105 minutes.
• March 14, 2015. Heeding the advice of two film distributors, Chris returns to India to find Shilpa and resolve the story.
• April 2, 2015. While in India, Chris launches a GoFundMe Campaign titled, "Fix the House, School the Girl!". The goal is reached by the end of the month.
• November, 2016. Starting from the ground up, a new Rough-Cut is produced incorporating 18 hours of new footage.
• September 11, 2017. After 3 more months of editing, the Rough-Cut is revised and polished.
• October, 2017. Chris releases a new Trailer.
• February, 2018. The Final-Cut is uploaded to Vimeo.
• March, 2018. The Trailer is revised with original score music by Sasikumar B.
• April, 2018. A 1-minute Teaser is added to the Press Kit.
9-year-old Shilpa feeds her family by hustling tourists to buy fabrics and jewelry from her tiny beach shop in Goa, India. When a Canadian filmmaker turns his camera on her and learns that her dream in life is to go to school, it sets in motion an 8-year journey that will bond and test them both as they relentlessly pursue the very thing she's been denied.
Currently in post-production.
Seeta Kyber Nayka
Dan Shing Lamani
"Fix the house, School the girl!"
Click the logo to learn more about the crowd-funding campaign launched in Goa, India, during filming in 2015.